After a severe storm blows through Las Vegas, make sure you take the time to inspect your home for any damage. It is simple to check most parts of your home for damage from the ground, but determining if your roof made it through the storm safely requires a closer look.
Check out what you can from the ground.
Every homeowner can visually inspect his home after a storm:
- Always take an initial walk around your home and look at the ground for any roofing material, like shingles or downed gutters.
- Notice any limbs from trees which hang over your home. Large branches on the ground near your home may have struck your home on the way to the ground.
- As you examine your home, you may notice a collection of small hard pellet-looking material at the base of your downspout. This material is actually the granules which are embedded into your shingles. Excessive granule loss may mean you need to replace your shingles.
- Look for damage to your windows and siding. Any visual damage probably means there is a good chance your roof was damaged.
Head Higher For a Closer Look
While you can get a good idea about the state of your roof from the clues you can see from the ground, to verify any potential damage, you need to visually inspect the roof itself.
- You can easily examine part of the roof if your home has various roof heights. Go to a window which gives you a partial view of your roof. Look for any missing or damaged shingles, flushing or gutters.
- If you feel confident about climbing a ladder, you can get the best view by going to your roof and examining it close up. This way you can actually touch your shingles, to make sure they are not loose.
Have you noticed your home's roof is damaged? Perhaps you just want an expert to make sure you won't face any costly surprises in the future. First Quality Roofing & Insulation are Las Vegas roof repair experts. Customers needing Las Vegas roof repair trust the company for professional work at affordable prices. Call 702-262-7847 to talk with a representative to schedule a completely free estimate at your convenience.