Las Vegas residents usually enjoy sunshine 85 percent of the time. This means that Las Vegas residents bask in sunshine more than 3,800 hours a year, making the city one of the sunniest in the United States. This sunny news bulletin underscores why Las Vegas homes are ideal hosts for solar panels, which come with several additional benefits.
3 Reasons to Install Solar Panels This Year
- Going Solar Is a Cool Process
Going solar could be one of the most exciting home improvement projects you'll ever undertake, especially if you're eager to reduce your carbon footprint and do your part to preserve the environment. The process is simple according to EnergySage:
- Solar panels absorb sunlight with photovoltaic cells and generate direct current energy.
- Solar inverters convert this energy to usable alternating current energy.
- This energy flows through a home’s electrical panel, which distributes electricity where it is needed.
- A home's electric meter sends the excess unused solar energy to the local grid in exchange for net metering credits.
- Going Solar Cools Down Your Taxes
Only a few years ago, credits were offered on some heating, air conditioning and insulation products to encourage homeowners to invest in energy-saving initiatives. Today, only solar energy systems remain eligible. The credits are currently at 30% and will stay there through December 31, 2019. From there, they will be reduced to:
- 26 percent on December 31, 2020
- 22 percent on December 31, 2021
- Going Solar Cools Down Your Electricity Bills
Most homeowners recoup their investment in solar panels in 5 to 8 years. From this point on, the yearly energy savings can be astonishing, reaching as much as 40%.
The actual savings differ depending on how much electricity a household uses. To find out if your home is ready for solar panels, contact us at 702-262-7847 to schedule a consultation. Going solar has never been easier and could save you thousands of dollars!