There are certain household problems you can safely ignore, at least for a while. No one's life will be in danger. No one's health will be placed at risk. At worst, someone might be mildly inconvenienced by the delay.
A leaky roof is not one of these household problems.
A leaky roof poses six very real, very imminent dangers – plus two problems no homeowner wants to address. Your best recourse? Scheduling a Las Vegas roof repair right away, without delay. Consider the six dangers posed by a leaky roof:
- Endangering the veracity of your roof and attic, if you have one. And if you don't have an attic, water will seep into your ceilings, walls and windows – not to mention ceiling fans, lighting and everything else in its path. Ignoring water damage is one of the foremost reasons homeowners must replace a roof before its time.
- Weakening the rafters and the ceiling, undermining your home's structural integrity and potentially placing you and your family at serious risk of a roof collapse. Fortunately, many people spot water stains or bubbled paint before tragedy strikes.
- Threatening your home's wiring and electrical system and heating, cooling and ventilation system. Since water is such an invasive force, an ignored roof leak can necessitate a full-house rewiring.
- Presenting a fire hazard if wires become shorted out. If you're in doubt about the safety of your home's electrical system, don't take chances. Turn off the electricity at the service panel and call a licensed electrician to investigate.
- Leading to an outbreak of mold and mildew, which can exacerbate symptoms for people who suffer from allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems. Mold can be a stubborn problem to rectify, but it must be cut off at the source or the spores will propagate.
- Heightening the risk of slips and falls. They're called “accidents” for a reason; they happen before people can take evasive action. Water that accumulates on floors can be difficult to spot – until it's too late.
These dangers help explain why a roof repair can easily soar into the five-figure range, says an impartial third party, BankRate: “To a home insurance company, the roof is the most important part of your house because it's the gateway to far greater damage claims once it's breached.”
Schedule a Las Vegas Roof Repair to Avoid Two Problems
Those insurance claims also stem from one of two problems posed by a leaky roof:
- Damages to and the loss of personal belongings, some of which can be replaced (furniture and electronics) and some of which may not (family heirlooms)
- Higher energy bills, instigated by the saturation and deterioration of insulation, which is designed to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
It's no overstatement to say that a leaky roof can cause widespread physical, emotional and financial trauma – and ones that only intensify the longer you delay making an appointment for a Las Vegas roof repair. Call Las Vegas' most trusted and experienced roofing company, First Quality Roofing & Insulation at 702-262-7847, because now you know: a leaky roof is not one of those household problems you should ignore.