If you've ever had to part with a favorite vehicle before you were ready, then you know that sinking feeling.
It descends on you as you realize you can no longer:
- Justify making costly, “patchwork” repairs on a vehicle that is past its prime. Everything in life has a life
- Ignore the other mounting signs it's time for a new vehicle.
It's the same way with your roof: It, too, exhibits signs it should be replaced. You probably won't feel the same pangs of sentimental attachment as you prepare to part with your roof, but a Las Vegas roof replacement may be in your future if:
- Your roof is sagging. This sign ought to get you moving – right to the phone or computer to contact First Quality Roofing & Insulation for a professional roof inspection. A sagging roof – partial or total – is a sign of structural damage that should not be ignored. It poses a significant risk to your safety and is the surest sign a Las Vegas roof replacement may be your only alternative.
- Your roof has holes. You may be able to best spot this condition from the attic. If you can see sunlight streaming in from overhead, your roof is in bad shape. And if sunlight can get in, so can cold air and rain – if they haven't already.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old. This is where the issue of lifespan becomes important; many asphalt shingle roofs last between 20 and 25 years while a reshingled roof won't make it that long. Check your warranty, but assess the other warning signs, too. Together, a clear verdict ought to formulate.
- Your roof shingles are shedding granules. You'll find them in clumps on the roof. You'll find them on the first story of your home, if the wind blows them there. And you'll find most of them in the gutters, impeding the natural flow of water. Shingles shed the most granules near the end of their lifespan, or near that 20-year mark.
- Your roof shingles are in disrepair or missing. They may be cracked and so dry they practically break upon contact. They may be curled and cupped, meaning the edges are turning upward. They may resemble a claw, meaning the edges are turning downward while the middle section is rising up. Shingles that are in good condition should lie flat against a roof, so damaged shingles should stand out, no matter what their particular malady.
Any one of these warning signs signal that it may be time for a Las Vegas roof replacement. To be certain, call the most experienced and reputable roofing contractor in town. First Quality Roofing & Insulation will undertake a thorough inspection of your roof and explain and illustrate our findings.
The First Quality team understands that a roof doesn't evoke the same feelings as a favorite car. But they're alike in the sense your safety depends on how well you maintain them. When it comes to your roof, think of First Quality as your most trustworthy “mechanic.”
Contact First Quality Roofing & Insulation at 702-262-7847 to schedule a 17-point inspection or your roof repairs or replacement.