While the cool weather of winter brings a much-needed break from the Las Vegas heat, it can also bring increased moisture in the form of morning condensation, more frequent rainstorms, or even the occasional bit of snow. Add high winds, and there is significant potential for roof damage. That is why it is important to schedule a Las Vegas roof inspection soon after the end of winter.
An early spring Las Vegas roof inspection can find any damage that occurred during the winter and repair it before it has a chance to spread further into the interior of your home. We feature a detailed 14-point Las Vegas roof inspection process that will find any roof problems quickly, and we recommend at least one inspection a year to keep your roof in the best condition possible.
Has your roof seen inclement weather this winter? Call 702-262-7847 today or contact us online to schedule your Las Vegas roof inspection with our experts at First Quality Roofing & Insulation today!
Why Is Roof Damage Common in the Winter?
For much of the year, the Las Vegas area is quite hot and arid. As winter sets in, temperatures typically drop, moisture can increase, and the differential between daytime and nighttime temperatures will grow. This leads to weather that is less predictable. Some of the factors that lead to roof damage in the winter include:
- High winds – Temperature and pressure differences in the winter can lead to high winds, peeling shingles from roofs, driving debris into clay tiles, or tearing metal flashing.
- Rain – With the increased humidity and moisture in the air, rainstorms can form, exploiting any weaknesses in your roof to create leaks and water damage.
- Condensation – With lower temperatures in the mornings, condensation can form on cold roof surfaces, with water accumulating and finding its way into damaged or unprotected sections of your roof, flashing or trim.
- Cold temperatures – During cold temperatures, shingles can become stiff and brittle, leading to damage from wind, foot traffic, hail, or wind-driven debris.
- Freezing temperatures – During the occasional below-freezing spell, any condensation or rain on your roof can freeze and expand, tearing apart shingles, lifting tiles, loosening flashing, or causing other damage.
- Hail – Intense winter storms can often bring hail in addition to high wind, breaking shingles, cracking tiles, puncturing metal, and ripping off gutters, flashing, and trim.
- Snow – On the rare occasion that it snows in the Las Vegas area, it can linger for several hours or days, soaking your roof and finding its way into any existing leaks, compounding the water damage.
Once winter is over, this new damage can increase the potential for problems later in the year, when heavy thunderstorms or downpours can exploit the new leaks to cause extensive water damage. Left unaddressed, this water damage could lead to ruined interiors, structural problems, mold growth, and costly repairs. To avoid these unnecessary expenses, talk to our team at First Quality Roofing & Insulation. Our Las Vegas roof inspection services will help you find any potential leaks or damage before it spreads to the rest of your home.
Call us today at 702-262-7847 or contact us online to request a Las Vegas roof inspection today.
Why It’s Important Not to Delay Your Las Vegas Roof Inspection
Water damage takes time to manifest. What starts as a tiny leak will gradually expand and find its way deeper and deeper into your home. By the time it reaches the interior, where it can easily be noticed, it has likely caused extensive damage to your home’s framing, insulation, drywall, and more. Plus, damp wood can rot quickly, and it creates the perfect environment for pests like termites and carpenter ants to thrive, leading to extensive and costly structural damage. By spotting roof damage and repairing it early with a comprehensive Las Vegas roof inspection, you can minimize the damage to your home, prevent mold growth, and keep your costs to a minimum.
Another benefit of scheduling your Las Vegas roof inspection in the early spring is avoiding the busy season for your roofing contractor. Spring offers nice weather that is not too cool and not blistering hot, with minimal chance of rain. This makes it ideal for roof repairs and installations, so in addition to repairing winter roof damage, your roofing contractor will likely be busy with a host of new roof installations, roof replacements, and other critical jobs.
By scheduling your Las Vegas roof inspection early, you can be sure you are near the top of the list, and that your roof will receive the full attention it needs. Your roofing contractor will have more time to perform a comprehensive inspection and to complete any roof repairs that are necessary. With your Las Vegas roof inspection complete, you can rest assured knowing that your roof is sound, and any problems will be addressed long before the rainy season arrives.
Don't wait too long for roof repairs this spring. Call 702-262-7847 or contact us online to get started today with your Las Vegas roof inspection and repairs!
Professional Las Vegas Roof Inspection & Repairs
When you need a reputable and qualified roofing contractor to complete your spring Las Vegas roof inspection, look no further than out team at first Quality Roofing & Insulation. We have extensive experience with all types of roofing systems common in the Las Vegas area, from shingle or clay tile roofs to composite, metal and built-up roofing systems.
We feature a comprehensive 14-point Las Vegas roof inspection process that will locate and identify any roof damage your home may have quickly and accurately. Our team will assess the damage and offer the most cost-effective repair options for your needs. We offer a full line of roofing and related services, from roof maintenance and repairs to new roof installations, roof replacement, attic insulation services, and more. We serve homeowners throughout the Las Vegas area, including Henderson, Mesquite, The Lakes, Sun City, Pahrump, Green Valley, and the surrounding communities.Call our expert roofers today at 702-262-7847 or contact us online to schedule a Las Vegas roof inspection today. Be sure to ask about our roof repair financing options, as well as our 10-year new roof warranties!